Saturday, September 9, 2017

Wrapping Box


I enjoy wrapping gifts!  When I'm pretty much done, I like to leave a few items easily accessible for last minute gifts.  I have always just thrown them into a basket in the past, but this year I thought it would be fun to make a box for them.  Having this decorative box will just add to the decor as I'll leave it out on a vintage school desk that sits by the tree.  I'll have what I need close by and it'll look festive at the same time!  

I designed my box in Cricut Design Space using the square and pentagon shape.  I manipulated them to the sizes and shapes I needed using the tools in DS (Slice, size change).  I then cut strips 1.5 inches wide from Kraft paper to join the pieces together.  

This festive paper is from the Winnie White Christmas Collection!  You can peruse the entire collection here!  

I did some water color pencil on the tag and used the delightful Sleightime Digi printed on top of some of the beautiful Embossed paper found in the collection!  








My box is off to the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge:  Use Kraft Cardstock
Allsorts Challenge:  Use at least 2 Design Papers
CHNC Challenge:  AG Christmas +use foliage


Thanks for stopping by!  Make yourself at home and feel free to peruse other posts/pages, leave a comment, and/or check out my Pinterest and YouTube Channel.

5 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW This is absolutely AWESOME I want one too.
    Great work.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great creation and very useful as well, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea, looks great, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, Katrina. I don't think your sister got all the brains in the family. There were plenty to go around. You did an amazing job designing and creating this, and you are without doubt the Cricut Design Space Queen! :)

    Evelyn

    ps - We installed the new operating system into my mac and the new design space is up and running. It's better than the last version. I appreciate all your help with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 350 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete