Thursday, January 5, 2017

Birds of the Air


Today the optional theme at Twisted Thursday is For the Birds.  I chose to use the bird theme as a prompt for my faith journal and study Matthew 6: 25-33.  

I started by applying clear gesso to the pages.  Once it was dry I used gelatos.  (These have been sitting in my craft room for a while resting while I have been busy with my Copics.  I decided it was time to do something totally different and out of the zone for me.)  I colored the pages and smeared the colors around with a baby wipe.  

I stamped the border carrying parts of it into the page and used a decorative stamp in the corners to add more texture/interest.  I stamped my bird images.  The one on the right side is stamped directly onto the page; the left side was stamped onto a piece of designer paper.  I colored both images with pencils and/or Copics.  I added bits of old lace and the floral pieces to the page.  I stamped FAITH in the upper corner and wrote in parts of the verses I wanted to include.  

Lastly, I splattered some gold paint mixed with water and painted around the little Blue Jay on the left.

Material List:
Journal from Hobby Lobby
Paper:  CTMH 
Faber Castell Gelatos
Baby Wipes
Inks:  CTMH Juniper, Memento Black
CTMH Stamps:  Skylark, Fabulous You, Illuminate (all retired)
Copics
CTMH Water Color Pencils
Stash Embellishments:  Waxed black twine, flower, lace, gold thread

We are sponsored this month by Through the Craft Room Door!  

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts or view some of my videos at my  YouTube Channel.

Be sure to check out what the rest of the team has designed!  Our twist is For the Birds, but the twist is always optional; so really anything goes!  Be sure to share with us whatever is in your workspace; we'd love to see it!
  

5 comments:

  1. This soooo beautiful in so many ways, Katrina! The artwork is gorgeous, and the idea behind it is wonderful! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katrina your journal pages are so beautiful I do love what you have done colours are so lovely and those sweet little birds. Big hugs to you Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the colors all over the pages and your borders and journaling are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't done an art journal page in forever, Katrina. Copics got me too! I should pull out my Gelatos and try something like this. Your pages are so beautiful and delicate looking. Those birds are perfect too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful! I truly love the colors and those birds are gorgeous. I also love that you have the bible verses in your own handwriting. Lovely!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete