Thursday, October 27, 2016

Psalms 61:2


It's Thursday, that means time for a Twisted Thursday Challenge and the twist is ...... Anything Goes!  Yep, no excuse not to play this week; we want to see whatever is in your workspace!  

I have wanted to Bible Journal for a while now, but I find issues and don't plunge into this venture.  I don't have a journaling Bible or the supplies to do it.  I don't want to ruin a Bible.  I might have multiple ideas for one page...then what?  Oh, the reasons just go on and on.  

After some thought, watching videos, searching Pinterest, etc,  I decided not to Bible Journal. Instead, I decided to Faith Journal in a handsome little journal I picked up at Hobby Lobby.  

For me, this is a great solution for my "issues."  
*  I can concentrate on any passage I choose to study and art journal it.  Then if after some thought, I have another idea, I can express it later in the same journal.  
*  I can use my personal Bible for study and simply write, print and paste, etc the scriptures I want to highlight into the journal.
*  I can use the supplies I already have in my house.  
*  ......and I can use all of the beautiful digital images out there, like Lift Me Higher from MHK!

This image and scripture are both from the Lift Me Higher Set.  I printed the scripture onto a scroll in Cricut Design Space and used the print and cut feature.  I rolled the sides of the scroll and inked them.  I inked the page, stamped a background, and hand-wrote in the beginning of scripture.  

The left side of the journal is the image I used on a card a few weeks ago.  (I love this image!)  I inked the page and then stamped in the lines using Versa Mark ink.  I heat embossed with gold powder.  I added a strip of frayed burlap that sticks out when the page is closed ~ sort of a permanent book mark for me since I love this verse.  

So far, this avenue of journaling my faith is perfect.  I can include hymns, poetry, philosophy, and other literature that touches me.  I have several ideas and you'll be seeing more in this book. 

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts or view some of my videos at my YouTube Channel.  Be sure to check out what the Design Team has to share over at Twisted Thursday......remember, the twist is Anything Goes!

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to do a faith journal, Katrina. So many more options. I love how you used this image to work with your quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Katrina! I think you found the perfect solution to your "issues"! I really like how you used browns on these pages. It gives it an antique look and is perfect for the verse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea of a faith journal! I have had the same issues about journaling in a Bible that you mentioned, and I think this is the perfect solution! This section sure turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading your post! and your idea is so perfect! I loved what you created!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete