Monday, October 19, 2015

Resiliency!




It's time for the Mid-way post over at Path of Positivity.  If you are new to my blog or you missed the post on October 5, let me fill you in.  I have recently joint the DT over at PoP.  This is a great spot to share your artwork and your musings on the word/idea of the month.  There are great prizes and many ways to win prizes.  We also have a very talented DT with lots of inspiration from incredible sponsors every month!

When we were given the word resiliency for the month at Path of Positivity, I knew right off I wanted this beautiful image from Ike's Art!  I simply fell in love with this little Pre-K looking child staring at her shoes.

Then the Dr. Seuss words came to me from the book, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!"

There are so many ways to look at this image with the idea of being resilient.

First off, we come into this world without confinements of shoes!  Any mother will tell you her child would much rather have those shoes off, but somehow we learn to wear them, walk in them, and even run, dance and play with them on our feet!

Then there is the whole idea of resilience as we learn we have the capabilities of making decisions and choices in our lives.

Finally, and I feel the most awesome and sometimes overwhelming way to look at this, we must take responsibility for the the decisions we make!  Wow, that sometimes is the hardest bounce-back we have to make in our lives.  It's not easy to be resilient when we are the ones who made the decision that landed us in a difficult spot!  However, when we take that step in acknowledging it was our decision, then we can make the next step to be resilient and make the change to move on in the positive direction!

Ah, yes, resiliency is such a great gift for us.  As is with any gift, the more we practice it ~~ the better we do it!  (Of course, I sit and type all of this with no shoes on my feet and my brain feeling a bit foggy!  hahahaha....    Off to practice some resiliency!)

Thanks for joining me in my pondering moments!  Please feel welcome to stay and visit other posts and pages.  Your thoughts, ideas and questions are always very much appreciated.  You can leave a thought below or contact me through the contact form at the right of the post!  

3 comments: