Friday, July 10, 2015

The Sentiment


Sometimes a card is all about the words....the sentiment....the written expression!  Happy birthday sort of says it all, doesn't it?

We are focusing on The Word! at Cut It Up this time.  Of course, you still need to include some sort of die cut -- my cut is the sentiment!  You'll want to link up for this one because we have a wonderful sponsor -- Cute As A Button!  They have some adorable buttons over there for your sewing/crafting!  Check them out!


My sentiment is from Cricut Design Studio and the cartridge is Birthday Cake.  

My card base is from the Fundamental CS CTMH.  I layered a piece of photo paper I had cut off from  printing.  This is a great way to use that left over photo paper if you don't fill your sheet.  

My next layer is Daisy White CS inked with CTMH Inks:  Canary, Sunset, and Pixie.  I then cut a circle stencil in DS and put in some Daisy White Pigment Ink circles to give it a Bokeh Effect.  I'm not so sure I fully achieved that look, but it still has a festive look suitable for a celebration!  My husband thought it looked like an abstract balloon picture......ok, that works, too!  

I cut the sentiment out of Black Fundamental CS from CTMH and a Baker's Twine bow wraps it up!

Head over to Cut It Up for challenge details!

4 comments:

  1. You changed up your blog Katrina! :) It looks Great! :) Your card is fabulous.. I love the pretty background you created! Looks awesome! :)

    Theresa
    Scrappers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you kept the focus on your sentiment Katrina! Your background is amazing and I just love it, very summery feeling. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the happy colors on this card, Katrina. Looks like you had a ton of fun creating it!!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun-tastic inky background and a beautiful card base. Such a pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete