Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Let It Go!


Time for another canvas!  If you've been following, you know the story of these canvases.  If you are new to my blog, you can check out some previously posted canvases for the story:  Yankee Doodle, Ode to Joy, and Happy.

I can show the face in this picture; she's my little grand-girl!  She looks like Anna from Frozen with her blue eyes and red hair; she acts a little like her, too!

I started by mixing Sky re-inker with Create a Shade Pearl Paint (retired) and painted the pretreated canvas.  (The canvas was already pre-gessoed.)  While the paint was wet, I sprinkled with glitter down the diagonal of the canvas where the snowflakes would be.

I cut the snowflakes from the Artbooking cartridge.  I adhered the white CS to the canvas.

I printed/cut the Frozen images, downloaded from KraftyNook, using glossy photo paper on the Cricut Explore.  Ok, I'm going to digress a bit----- I really never thought I'd use this feature!  However, I really like it.  It's a real time saver when you are doing intricately pieced or small cuts.  It's also great if you are in a time crunch and need something quickly!

My title is cut from Everyday Fonts-Best of Times.  I finished it off with some blue gems left over from the wedding.  I must have a thousand!

This canvas is heading over to these challenges who just happen to have some snowy themes this week!

Bitten by the Bug 2 - Let it Snow Snowflakes
Fantabulous Cricut - Winter Fun

It's such perfect crafting weather here: it's cold, snowy, icy, slick, etc-----also great online shopping weather.  I ordered the promo item, along with some other goodies, from CTMH and I can't wait to see the paper!  I think I have some items for the Seasonal Expressions 1 book, also!  You can check all of this out at KatiesCorner!

Thanks for coming by today; stay warm and safe out there!
 

7 comments:

  1. Your grand daughter is so beautiful and so are the pictures. I love the canvass that you created and also those Frozen images. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!! Love the images. And the photos of your granddaughter are just wonderful!!! She is so very pretty.
    Thank you so very much for joining our 'Snowflake' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous canvas!!! I And your little granddaughter does look like Anna! How cute she is!! And how cute your canvas is! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this!!!! Your granddaughter DOES look like Anna and this is just adorable!!!! I agree that you are having the perfect crafting weather when it is cozy to stay inside and there is nothing you want to go out into the weather for-we have been having some of that weather too! So glad you joined our BBTB2 challenge this week.
    :)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous frame you created! I love the Frozen images and I'm sure your little grand daughter does as well!! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Frozen layout on canvas. I am new to Explore and need to find out how to download images so I can create some 'real' Frozen cuts/images. I like how you used the glitter on the canvas. LET IT GO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun idea! Love the colors you added to the canvas. I am sure this eill be a treasure for your GD. Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete