Monday, August 18, 2014

My Crush Books!


 Ok, I watch waaaay too many tutorials.  I look at waaaaay too many Pinterest posts.  It's true!

Lately, I've been watching art journaling.  I wanted to get into it, but I didn't want to invest in paints and many of the other mediums.  So, I thought about it and decided to buy one of the My Crush Books to see what I could do with it.  I wanted to "journal" some of my experiences with PATCH (my therapeutic horsemanship program), riding, and fun things in my life.

I got my book last week and couldn't figure out what exactly I wanted to do with it.  It's so funny how I can feel so intimidated by a book of beautiful paper!  I looked at it and all I could think was, 'I don't want to mess up.'  Gee, it's MY book, who cares if I mess up?

I looked through it and found the pages in Juniper chevron.   The color dare colors at Color My Heart are Juniper and Sweet Leaf.  I decided to throw all caution to the wind and give 'er a try!

I pulled out some of my left over Skylark paper and the stamps from the workshop.  I also used stamps from Timberline Workshop, Kudos Cricut Artiste Bundle, and Art Philosophy Stamp set.

Embellishments are from Sparkles Assortment, Mini-Medley Accents antiqued gold, Mocha gems, Bronze Shimmer trim, Striped ribbon, and Burlap ribbon.

Ink colors are Juniper, Sweet Leaf, Chocolate, and Slate.



Wildwood My Crush Book!


What do I think of the book for art journaling?  Well, I'm not experienced, but I think it's perfect!  The pages are thick, sturdy pages; you could do just about anything to them.  All the pages are already "decorated" to some degree, so it gives you a starting point.  However, if there are some motifs you don't like or doesn't fit your theme, you can simply gesso over it or use papers over them.  There is lots of room in this book meaning you can "stuff" lots of goodies into the pages.  The book cover opens all the way back so you are able to get the pages flat onto a mat for stamping if you need/want to do that.

I like the size of this book.  I can throw it in my trailer when I go to jamboree in a few weeks if I want to document something while I'm there.   That was one of my main purposes for getting it.

I may regret starting in the middle of the book; but I'll deal with that later!  ; )  I'm definitely excited to have this and look forward to doing more!  If you would like to see the My Crush Books from CTMH, visit KatiesCorner.  The link will take you directly to them on her site!

2 comments:

  1. Katrina this is a great first try with the My Crush book! Love your balance and details. Thanks for sharing each week at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Katrina. All the layers and angles really draw you in and keep your eyes moving. It's very inspiring! Thanks for sharing it on the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete