Monday, April 14, 2014

Tax Time: It doesn't have to be so bad!


 We all dread April 15th and taxes -- at least I do.  I hate having to figure out all of my taxes, keep track of everything I do during the year, figure out what is deductible, find receipts, ugh!  It's all so daunting to me!  So, I decided to make a journal.  I figured I might enjoy keeping records for my therapeutic riding and music businesses if I had a place to put receipts and such.

The challenge over at Heart 2 Heart was the perfect excuse to use the beautiful Skylark colors and papers for my Journal.  I decided to put one month per page for the first 12 pages.

I wrote in a few things as I was making it to give you an example, but most of it is blank right now since I just finished it.  I will give you some of the highlights on the pages and list materials at the end.  If you have any questions about specific stamp sets, please ask!  I won't try to type out all the details and bore everyone!  ; )

My plan is to use the monthly pages for some planning, notes, pictures, etc.  I put in some places for writing some goals and notes.

The calendars were designed in CCR by welding together the grid and font from Artbooking.  The numbers were all stamped in using the Capture the Date set.  The little goal tag is also from that stamp set.

This year the first quarter was all about a recital and Lenten Liturgical music.  I did start the year by posting a couple of goals for the first part of the year to keep myself on track.



April is sort of a pivotal month starting with music and transitioning into my horse life; therefore I needed a larger goals sheet to tuck into the pocket.  I have a lot to get done in the next couple of weeks!  That tag is from Artbooking and stamped from Take Note.  The clip is from Mini Medley Antique Gold.

May - August is all about horsemanship and riding:  goals for me and my students.   I have a couple of little tags to write some ideas I want to keep in the forefront of my mind.  The horse from Horseshoes (retired) is looking at the tag for June!  It is actually printed in the Skylark paper, so that worked out perfectly!  I like how the glitter tape brightened up the page!

July is all about the 4th.  Since we have American Quarter Horses over here, it seemed the perfect month to highlight them!  The mare and foal are from the Country Born stamp set.  August is sort of slow over here since I don't have kids in 4-H anymore!  We sort of take it easy and spend time with friends to reminisce the days we spent at the State Fair and horse shows!


September is a big trail riding month here; I'm
hoping to take off for a Jamboree ride.  The Explore your World is from the Timberline Workshop on the Go.  I actually bought that set to scrap pics from that event!  Sad when we plan our events and clothing around our paper!  Such is the life of a Scrapper!  October is the big show for my therapeutic horsemanship kids!  This is the highlight of the year for all of us!  That page will be stuffed with receipts, notes, evaluations, etc!


Although I'm still teaching in November, things are winding down!  December is a time for reflection and back into performance groove for the Christmas season.



The last six pages will be used for over-all notes, receipts, mileage sheet, plans in detail, etc.

Ok, here is a Materials List.  I'm sure I'll miss something.  Again, if you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer if you leave me a note in the comment box!

My Creations Kraft Pocket Album
Paper:  Skylark, Colonial White, Lagoon, Sweet Leaf, Buttercup, Juniper
Cartridges:  Artbooking, Art Philosophy, Artiste
Inks:  Chocolate, Archival Black, Lagoon, Slate, Sweet Leaf

(Ok, get a cup of coffee for this one!)

Stamp Sets:  My Life/Cricut Bundle, You are my Happy Alphabet, Capture the Date, Horseshoes, Timberline Scrapbooking Workshop, Country Born, Take Note/Cricut Bundle, Universal Backgrounds, Yeehaw, Kudos/Cricut Collection, Skylark Scrapbooking Workshop, Home of the Brave, You are my Happy Sentiments, and Huntington Workshop.

Embelishments:  Twist Ties, Teal Glitter Tape, Antique Gold Mini Medley, Sparkles Assortment, Baker's Twine, Polka Dot Washi Tape, Sequins, Skylark Assortment, Aqua Dots, Mocha Opaque Gems, and the button closure is from Rosewood Mini-Medley.

Of course, there's Liquid Glass, glue gun, Tape Runner, etc.  Clothes pins are for photo purposes only.

Visit KatiesCorner for inspiration, beautiful paper, and many of the stamp sets used here!  Some are retired......

2 comments:

  1. What an amazingly creative and yet practical project! That should definitely make record keeping a bit easier.

    ReplyDelete