Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Let's Ride!

I was surfing around today, since it's too cold to do anything else and we're still snowed in the house, and found the SWAT challenge over at Mark's Finest Papers MFPSpeedyTV.  I love paper crafting challenges, but I have to admit I've not done a sketch challenge before.  This one intrigued me since it is a Sketch with a Twist.  The twist is to use an embossing folder.  I love embossing folders, so.... I'm in!  I also just bought a couple of new stamps from there before Christmas and this is a wonderful opportunity to try them out!  The boots and "Let's Ride" sentiment are both from the same stamp set - Cowgirls Rule.  I bought this particular set because of the adorable little girl and horse also on the set.  I just posted a card made with that stamp at Ticket to Ride if you are interested in seeing that stamp, also.   This set is just waaay to cute!


This card was made with CTMH cardstocks in Pacifica, Crystal Blue, Chocolate, Champagne, and Autumn Terra Cotta.  The belt and buckle are also from CTMH: Lovely Buckles stamp set (retired).  I embellished with CTMH Mocha Gems and Jo Anns Craft Essential Eyelets.

I started by embossing with a Paisley Cuttlebug folder.  I then sanded the embossing to expose the white core.  I stamped "Let's Ride" using the stamp from Mark's; I chose CTMH Pacifica ink.  I sprinkled with embossing powder and heat embossed.  I chose a little flower print Cuttlebug folder to emboss the sentiment cardstock.

Now for the boots!  I used Copic and CTMH Markers to color the image from Cowgirls Rule.  

As you can see I chose to use the sketch horizontally and use the boots as the forefront rectangle.  My belt and buckle are the long rectangle at the top.  Yeah, I have trouble staying 'true' to sketch challenges!  I simply can't adhere to rules----I try, really I do!  hahaha

Thanks for coming by!  Here's hoping we all stay safe and warm.  I'm looking forward to when I can replace my winter boots with cowboy boots and go out to ride, but for now I'll go out long enough to feed and come back to the warm house and craft!


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Love the images you used and the paisley embossing folder is perfect for the images! So glad you found the Sketch With a Twist Challenge; thank you for playing along and we hope you'll play again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a very cute card, I love the way you did the belt. I am always drawn to cards with a western flair.

    ReplyDelete